Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Quote About Life

Today Major League Baseball honored Jackie Robinson and all he did in changing the game as we know and see it today. Every player throughout Major League wore the number 42 in honor of Jackie. The Astros and Rangers ended their current losing streaks tonight on this special day.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." Jackie Robinson

In other sports news, the NFL released the 2009 schedule. I read a lot of comments today on the Houston Chronicle website from fans who are optimistic with the Texans schedule. The main focus was the Monday Night Game against the Tennessee Titans. People think this is the year the Texans will be the surprise team. I would love to predict a 10-6 record for the Texans but I can't so I will say 9-7.

I would like to see some of your predictions for the teams that you cheer for.

As far as Dallas, things are going good. Work is good. I have about a month left of this "Bachelor Life" and then my better half will be up here permanently. Tina and I are participating in a 5k this Saturday morning. It should be fun, if the weather cooperates. Neither one of us will be setting record times at this event, but we are doing our part to maintain healthy lives.

2 comments:

Brandon and Sheri said...

Good luck on your 5k Team-C, have you been training or going in cold (speaking of which how is that Dallas weather treating you)?

Glad to hear you're almost reunited fulltime, I'm sure you're excited to save gas $ and loads of time driving to see each other.

The Maddox Family said...

Um, I know this will make me sound dumb, but I missed the 42 jersey number thing on the Astros game and got majorly confused. Oh well!

A 5K, eh? Go get 'em! I keep using the baby as an excuse to not work out, but your motivation motivates me!!