Monday, April 6, 2009

Baseball Season Is Here!!!



It was Opening Day for most baseball teams today. A lot of people, including me, have been looking forward to this day since last years world series ended.

The Texas Rangers had an afternoon game today against the Cleveland Indians. Former President G. W. Bush throughout the first pitch (according to the radio broadcasters it was a strike). The Rangers gave the Indians a 9-1 beating.

The Houston Astros had an evening game against the Chicago Cubs. This is usually a great battle between these two NL Central teams. Unfortunately Roy Oswalt and The Astros could not beat Carlos Zambrano and The Cubs score was 4-2). I got to see this game on TV since The Rangers had an afternoon game.

I am looking forward to following The Astros and yes The Rangers this year.

On a different topic, what is up with this weather? Yes I know I was begging and pleading for winter-like weather in a previous posting, but the DFW area is under a freeze warning tonight. No precipitation, just COLD weather. I keep asking coworkers about Dallas Spring and Summer seasons. They say Summers are miserable. I can't wait to see what their definition of miserable is.

If you haven't had a chance to see the bluebonnets, I got to see a good number of them between Corsicana and Huntsville. I wish I had a camera to stop and take pictures.

Hope everybody has a Happy Easter weekend.

2 comments:

The Maddox Family said...

Jon - glad you were able to watch the 'Stros on TV. We were lucky enough to be there in person (Tyler's B'Day gift from my parents). I guess it was fun to be there and be apart of the festivities, but we wish they would have won!!

Brandon and Sheri said...

The RANGERS?! Jon, say it isn't so... that's like trying to marry two wives isn't it? It sounds good at first until you realize that both teams need 100% of your time and support or they get cranky.

You are entitled to a 'backup' team in case your hometown boys are terrible (which the 'stros aren't), like my obsession with the 49ers during the early 90's when the Cardinals couldn't win a game... but you can only have one true love (per sport)!

Next thing you know you'll be rooting for the Stars!

Enjoy the cold weather - you'll miss it in a few months. Good excuse for some hot cocoa or coffee! The sweet tea and higher temps will come soon enough.