Sunday, April 19, 2009

No 5k Today

The morning after I posted about the 5k, I got word at work that our deadline was being moved up a week and everybody had to work Saturday. This meant that I would have to back out of the 5k race. I was a little bummed, but who wants to run in the rain anyway. I know that there will be many other opportunities for 5k races and I am glad that I've been blessed with a busy job. Thanks for the words of encouragement that Tina and I have received. To answer some replies from the previous posting, we were training for this event by walking at a nearby park that has a 1.25 mile trail. We will continue to train for future 5k's plus the exercise that we both need. I even jumped into the iPod world and got my Nike+ tennis shoes to help me along.



We hope everybody has a great week.

1 comment:

The Maddox Family said...

Which is better - running in the rain or working on a Saturday?!?! Sorry you're plans got changed, but you are right - thank God for a busy job!