Tuesday, December 16, 2008

This Past Weekend & Mass Transit




After not having seen Tina since the Monday after Thanksgiving, she was able to drive up to Dallas for my Company Christmas Party. I was so excited to see her. I had missed her deeply.

Tina won a door prize at my company party by drawing her own ticket (they let the spouses draw the tickets). We had an interactive murder mystery company perform for us at a local movie theater.

Friday, Tina and I went to the Dallas Galleria. I finally walked into a Nordstrom Department Store. The store was real nice, but of course the prices were through the roof. Either way we had a good time.

Saturday morning we got an early start to make the drive down to Houston for our Small Group Christmas Party. It was nice to see the friends I haven't seen in about a month. We had a good time exchanging gift cards.

Sunday I left to head back to Dallas. Man did the weather change by the time I got there. The temperature went from about 70 to 40 in an hour. The cold weather, with winter precipitation, led me to utilize the DART mass transit. There is a bus station/park & ride about 5 miles from the apartment. Within that 5 miles I saw one accident happen in front of me. The bus ride to the train station was smooth. Then the train ride from Richardson to my office went fast. I am fortunate to have a train station right next to my office which allowed me to utilize the mass transit. Overall I enjoyed the ride and will more than likely utilize the DART more often because we get a discount through my company.

No comments: