Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm Jealous







I know that you are not suppose to be jealous of anything, but I am. Downtown Dallas received snow last night. I didn't get any because I am 14 miles northwest of town. I kept looking out the window like a little kid. All I got was light sleet. Then to top it off, I hear Houston got snow today and it is now sticking.

Since my birth in 1979, it has only snowed in 1989, 1994, 2004, and now 2008. 1989 was a few days before Christmas. I was in 9th grade when it snowed on February 1, 1994 which was a GREAT birthday gift for me. Tina and I moved to Magnolia in 2002 thinking we would have a better chance for sleet and snow. When it snowed in Christmas Eve 2004, it never went north of Houston (That was when it snowed in Galveston). Now I am in Dallas and I didn't get to experience the snow that happened in Houston today.

I don't know what I have to do to get on Mother Nature's good side, but I want some snow. The winter season is still in the early stage. Maybe I will get my wish. My only concern is that I will be at work when the roads ice over and I can't get home.

Until then I have pictures to remember when it snowed in Houston and I wasn't there.


3 comments:

Mrs. Cervantes said...

Wish you were here :( I took lots of pictures.

Anonymous said...

I wish it would snow in Georgia. We rarely get any here. Yall are a bunch of lucky ducks!

Brandon and Sheri said...

for the record Doha did NOT receive snow... although we did experience a 5 minute hail storm earlier in the week - which is pretty strange

anticipated high temperature this week is supposed to be in the high 70's... just cool enough to turn off the AC's in the house. So be thankful it atleast FEELS like Christmas in Texas.

btw... I for one think Snow is nice to visit (ski trips for instance), but I much prefer my water about 70 degrees and forming 5 foot swells, goes better with flip flops.