Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's Official!

No we aren't pregnant (Unlike most of the couples in our small group in Houston & Qatar). I am officially settled in. Our couch that we had ordered came yesterday. I have arranged the furniture accordingly to see the TV from wherever you sit or stand in the kitchen.

The only thing that is missing with this celebration of being settled in is my lovely wife. She had to stay back in Houston for a school test. This was the first weekend since we have been married (if I am not mistaken) that we have not been together. This weekend felt weird to me. You don't realize how important your spouse is until you aren't together.
There are things that I am noticing that Dallas does that Houston didn't. One thing was to have a Children's Christmas Parade. I was watching this yesterday on TV while waiting for the couch. There were various characters like the Care Bears, the Looney Tune characters, Berenstain Bears, Cabbage Patch Kids,etc. It's nice to see the city offering things for families.
Another thing I have noticed is that people here love to shop. I have been in a few malls here and have driven by many others. There are Neiman Marcus' stores and Nordstroms at many malls here. One day I will walk in those stores and actually see what they have (That's if security doesn't throw me out).
If you have noticed by now, I always talk some sports in each post. The Texans pulled off a CLOSE game against the Packers. The Titans, Broncos, & Cardinals won (I keep up with the teams my friends cheer for).
Hope nobody is stressing too much with the Christmas shopping. This will be a very busy Christmas for me. I am flying to Houston Christmas Eve evening, spending time with family, and drive back to Dallas with Tina Christmas Evening so I can be at work December 26th.


1 comment:

The Maddox Family said...

going back to work on the 26th? sounds like somebody has Scrooge for a boss. Hang in there, we miss ya already.