Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Getting Familiar With Dallas

Hope everybody had a Happy Thanksgiving. We got to go down to Houston to celebrate with both families. Then it was back to Dallas for the weekend.

Things are going good up here in The Big D. The weather has been Fall-like. I didn't realize that Dallas pretty much gets every cool front that makes it into Texas. The wind lets you know that one is coming if you don't get to keep up with the news. The winds start at about 25 mph with gusts up to 40. I am not complaining because I like cool weather.

An update on the apartment. Tina and I went to finish getting what we needed. We have a couch on order and we found a small table and chairs set from Target so that we could actually have a meal and be able to look at each other. We also found a tv stand from Ikea.

We are trying out more stores and restaurants. We are unfortunate that there is not a Lupe Tortillas here like there is back in Houston. It is hard to find good Mexican food up here. We tried On The Border (used to be in Houston back in the days). Tina and I came to the conclusion that Taco Cabana was better and cheaper.

Work is going good. Been busy this week. The commute hasn't been bad at all with everybody back at work. Maybe I am leaving at the right time.

Scooter (our dog) is also adjusting pretty good. She was confused when we first moved up here. The only problem now is that she barks at people getting out of their cars or coming up the stairs. I know dogs are supposed to bark, but there is a time and place for that. She calmed down when we took her to the local Petsmart to pick our her bed and kennel.

I still am not on the Cowboys wagon. It is tempting to buy some type of shirt to support the team. Tina and I were at a Walgreens the other night and she noticed a Cowboys handbag next to the register. She pointed it out to me and I told her I wasn't jumping on the wagon. When the cashier heard me say that, she was stunned that I wasn't a Cowboys fan (Maybe because she was a fan and had the star tattooed on her neck).

I am glad to see that the Texans won their Monday night debut. Glad to see the Broncos are more than likely going to the playoffs (Man do the NFC & AFC West Divisions suck compared to the rest).

Anyway, hope all is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon! We missed you tonight... glad you are adjusting well. And anytime you're back in Houston for the weekend, we're up for a trip to Lupe Tortillas! :)

Nick, Krista, Carson and Clay said...

Hey!! We did miss you last night. I hope everything is going well with you... btw- there is an On the Border on this side of town and I have to say that I like it-- but of course, it's not Lupe :)

KatieC said...

I am not sure of the restr there. However Dallas is a bit confusing to me. Its very different from Houston.