Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Is Coming! Time To Get Out!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Tina's Spring Break was last week, so Scooter and I had the pleasure of her presence with us all last week. The weather was nasty the first part of the week, but we still had a good week together. I enjoyed Tina's cooking while she was here. I am very fortunate that she is a great cook. On the rainy evenings we played board games like Checkers and Trouble. I beat her in checkers and we still have a tie-breaker game in Trouble that we didn't get a chance to play. When the weather finally cleared up this past weekend, Tina and I ventured to the Dallas Arboretum. We both loved the setup and the various flowers that were there for this month. Tina, my professional photographer, took lots of pictures of the various flowers. (Pictures to be posted from her soon). We got a membership to the arboretum and plan on going back at least once a month to see the different flowers that are put out. We have been walking at a nearby park that some friends from our Dallas Small Group told us about. When we went this past weekend the bunnies were out. Scooter was Elmer Fudd trying to sneak up on them.

Work is going good for me. I have been there almost four months now. Time is flying by fast being that this company is busy. We are venturing out more now that there is more sun in the evenings. Besides the membership to the arboretum, we also have a membership to the state parks in Texas. Tina and I are looking forward to baseball and soccer starting soon. We will try and make an effort to see a Rangers game, an FC Dallas game, and a Frisco Rough Riders game (Rangers AA Team).

Hope you all are having a good week. I miss all my family and friends back in Houston.

Jon

1 comment:

The Maddox Family said...

the arboretum (sp?) sounds really nice - can't wait to see pictures! It sounds like you all had a good week together...you guys are strong to be doing this separated thing. We'll keep praying that God continues to bless your time together (and make the time apart fly by!)