Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cabin Fever

So this is the 3rd day off from school and school is closed again for tomorrow. I have been held up at home all week because I took Monday off as well since we just moved and I wanted an extra day to get everything squared away. (Pics to come of the new place) What a waste of PTO! If only I knew that school would be closed for the rest of the week, I wouldn't have requested Monday off. Anyway the other night we went out and braved the icy roads for fajita Wednesday and Jon's birthday dinner. It was a white knuckle ride but I drove of course because I like to be in control. I was pretty impressed with myself and Jon said I did a great job. After driving on the icy roads, I feel like I am better at that than walking on the icy sidewalk. Everyday walking the dog I have slipped and nearly come to my rear but today I ate it. Slipped and fell right on the not so cushioned cushion with really a lot of cushion. Who am I kidding? Later, Jon called and said they shut the office down early and I said I want to go out and play at the school across the street because they have a few slopes. Yippee! Two hours later due to bus shortage and road conditions Jon finally made it home. Luckily the school had the lights on. Below are some pics from the last couple of days and two videos of what happens when they let teachers out of school for too long. Enjoy!



Happy Birthday Jon


















































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi you guys , the sleding at school looked like alot of fun, So when you get bored this is what you do for fun ...aunt cathy

The Maddox Family said...

love it!! glad you got some time off and you were able to make the best of it! videos were great!!