Friday, May 28, 2010

Our Trip To Destin

Well we are making up for a few months with no blog posts. Here is a picture recap of our trip to Destin. We had so much fun playing and relaxing with my mom, dad, and brother (Travis).
SCOOT doggy packing and getting ready for the beach. How do you like my hat?
Home away from home. This place was perfect for vacationing with family. Three bedrooms and three full bathrooms. Enough said!

Yeah, We're here!
Day 1: Surfing or shall we say attempting to surf. I really need to get in shape! After paddling out and falling off a few times I was spent. Here I am muscling up the surf board.
I really miss going for bike rides. We rode all around.
Day 2: Sailing and snorkeling
If you know Jon, you know he is terrified of the water. And if you didn't already know he married a water loving girl. Well long time ago in our dating years our first occurrence with water was a work function called the Buffalo bayou regatta. It was a kayaking adventure down Buffalo bayou and started with "I don't know how to swim" and somewhere in the middle flipping the kayak over because a tree was down across the bayou and the water forced us under water under the log and out the other side. Well, that just made everything better. Yeah right! Side note: The regatta was for Jon's company and going was his idea. I am telling you this because all prior vacations and water events have come with exchanged looks, words, tension, etc. I am so proud of Jon. He is a trooper and enjoyed all the water things we did without any hesitation. Sometimes I think he forgot that we were in the middle of the ocean.
Day 3: Deep sea fishing
What do you know? Jon is not hanging on to the boat. I don't think the first mate realizes he asked the most scared person to help string the fishing poles. By the way, this was the only time my mom was smiling on the boat.
Everyone caught several fish except my mom. She could not bring herself to move after getting nauseous.
Fun when you are catching fish, sucks when your hanging off the side puking. Although I had a great time, minus getting sick, I don't think I will ever do it again. All the motion did not quite go well with me and I even had one of those patch things.
My brother with one of his catches. Thanks for baiting my hooks bro.
Can you believe Jon caught the biggest fish?
Me, dad, Travis

The loot. Yes, there is a pile of fish on the floor between us.
Scooter goes to the beach.

Day 4: Driving range and then hello golf course.
Good follow through or mad photo skills?
Destin sunrise
Enjoying the sunrise
Day 5: Chillin' at the BEACH!
sting-a-rays
soak it up
our PAWfect car rider

1 comment:

Nick, Krista, Carson and Clay said...

I love it! :) It looks like ya'll had a great time!