Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dallas, Here We Come!!

Well after being laid off for two and a half months, I have accepted a job in Dallas. My first day is Monday November 24th. This will be a little different for Tina and I because we are both from Houston and all of our family and friends are here in Houston. This is why we have jumped on the "Blog" wagon and want to keep in touch with everybody. Family and friends are very important to both of us.

This was a hard decision for both of us, but we feel that God has provided this job and we must answer. We ask that you continue to pray for us and we will do the same for you. It is prayer that gets us through the many storms of life that we go through. I would like to ask that when you also pray, pray for all that are unemployed. While I was attending a job support group weekly, I got to hear stories much worse than what I was going through. It is hard being unemployed for any length. I was bitter after I got laid off. Through former co-workers, the members of our small group, and my loving wife I was able to change my attitude and feelings.
One verse that got me through this period of unemployment was Jeremiah 29:11.

For I know the plans I have for you declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

If anybody has any suggestions for things to do or restaurants to eat at in Dallas, we would greatly appreciate it.

We will do our best to keep this as current as we can. The next few weeks are going to be busy for us as we get situated in Dallas. Please be patient as we are new to this whole blogging concept.

7 comments:

brad, kammy, mason & madison said...

congrats, jon! we're very excited for you and are glad you have the hybrid so you can still commute to small group! :)

Brandon and Sheri said...

Congratulations Jon and Tina - what a blessing. We're so proud of how you guys are trusting the Lord and making such a big move with only a few weeks to make it all happen. Welcome to the blogger world - what you'll find out is that your readers will thirst for more juicy news and funny stories, so be prepared to spend some late nights writing up creative posts. We love you guys and know that you're going to do great things in Dallas (hopefully that does not include becoming Cowboy fans!).

Stephanie Watson said...

Congrats Jon and Tina. We are certainly going to miss you both!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jon. I know what a relief this must be :) Nick and I will be praying for you and Tina as you settle in :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jon! I am happy for both of you and look forward to watching God's continued work in your life. We may be able to make small group start a little bit later. I would hate for you to be late getting there all the way from Dallas. J/K...We'll be praying for you guys!! :)
-Kristen

The Maddox Family said...

I am jealous that yall will be able to go to the village now. congrats.

Meet the Huffstetlers said...

What a giant leap of faith! Congratulations on the new job and big move. Maybe we can get together once you guys get settled.